The wedding is soon approaching. A bridesmaid dress (or dresses) are looking wrinkled and are in desperate need of steaming. Maybe it’s how they were stored, perhaps they were even delivered a little out of sort. Either way, you’re going to need a good, reliable and dependable steamer.
Thankfully, I decided to research the market to find the best steamer for bridesmaid dresses currently available.
Besides, this is something my own bridesmaids needed! So I know a thing or two about what makes a good steamer and what one you should get.
Before I discusses the benefits of each model, here are my top picks:
Best Steamer For Bridesmaid Dresses
Here are my top picks for the best steamers for bridesmaid dresses:
- Hilife Steamer
- YIKA Steamer
- Electrolux Steamer
The Hilife Steamer is my #1 pick and recommendation for many reasons.
This conveniently sized and portable device is perfect for carrying to the venue, or wherever your bridesmaids are getting ready.
It doesn’t take up too much luggage space, plus it’s light yet durable too.
It’s incredible value, heats up quickly and is simple/effortless to use.
What’s more, it provides a lot of steam despite it’s lower wattage, and hundreds of brides/bridesmaid report it’s reliability and the fact it doesn’t leak or spew out water!
What I Like About The Hilife Steamer
- Reliable, trialed and tested device – there are over 70,000 positive customer reviews.
- One of the cheaper steamers on the market,
- Small and lightweight – easily stored and transported.
- Heats up very quickly and simple to use.
My #2 recommendation and runner-up is the YIKA steamer. Another compact handheld device that you should certainly consider.
This particular steamer actually has a detachable water tank that can carry up to 11 fluid oz.
As such, it can steam continuously for up to 25 minutes – enough time to get around all of those bridesmaid dresses.
I also love the fact that it has an auto-shut-off feature should anyone forget to turn it off having used it!
It’s ready to use in as little as 30 seconds, and with 1200w premium heating elements provides a lot of powerful and concentrated steam to remove even the most stubborn wrinkles.
What I Like About The YIKA Steamer
- Has adjustable steam settings – both high and medium mode, which can be changed depending on the fabric of the bridesmaid dress,
- Can be used both vertically (with dresses on a hanger) or horizontally, dresses placed on an ironing board.
- Ceramic coated sole-plate for added fabric protection.
- Up to 19 steam outlets, ensuring a more balanced steam release.
My final pick is the Electrolux Steamer.
Again, this highly portable steamer is exactly the kind of device you need for quick and effective steaming.
I love the extended 12 foot power cord, ensuring that you can steam from a distance should power sockets be inconveniently placed.
The lock is another great feature that ensures everyone remains safe while using/not-using.
Again, this has aut0-turn off functionality which is always useful on a wedding day with lots going on!
At 1500w, this steamer is very powerful, and can help remove wrinkles even faster.
What I Like About The Electrolux Steamer
- Comes in a neat, solid and transportable storage box.
- Looks fantastic, while having all the features you need.
- Produced by a brand that has a commitment to the environment and sustainability – reducing the depletion of natural resources and ensuring ecological balance through company initiatives.
How Do You Steam A Bridesmaid Dress?
To steam a bridesmaid dress you will need to:
- Start by turning your steaming device on, and giving it enough time to warm up (this is usually 30 seconds, but differs by brand/model). Go with the instructions/suggestions provided by the manufacturer.
- Place the steamer inside the dress, steaming from the inside out. Steam from a distance of 3-5″.
- Once you have done the majority of steaming and wrinkle-removing from the inside, finish by removing any remaining wrinkles by using the steamer on the outside of the dress. Again keep a distance of 3-5″ while you steam.
- As you steam, work in a particular area in a quick circle motion. Do not hold the steamer in one spot as this can cause marks/damage. Be quickly and be sure not to over steam.
- You can always go back. Move on if wrinkles remain to ensure the dress does not get too hot.
Tips For Steaming Bridesmaid Dresses
- Be sure to invest in a new steamer – do not rely on a steamer that has been used before, or provided by the venue/hotel. Old steamer could carry dirt/grime or be malfunctioning.
- Clean the head of the steamer first before you turn it on/use it with a fresh white towel.
- Consider placing a white t-shirt over the head of the steamer. This can help to protect you from steam while also collecting excess water drops.
- Steam from a safe distance – being mindful of your body as you work.
- Ensure your bridesmaids get into their dresses carefully – as not to cause new wrinkles.
- Some wrinkles are okay – in fact, getting rid of all wrinkles will be virtually impossible and they will likely appear through the course of the day, anyway.
And that’s a wrap. These are best steamers for bridesmaid dresses.
They all work in relatively the same way, and while some offer slightly different functionality, they are all handheld devices first and foremost.
This is the style I would strongly recommend.
They heat up quickly, are simple to carry/store, and can be used across several dresses in a short amount of time.
That being said, my recommendation is to get the Hilife Steamer. You cannot put a price on reliability. And this is a steamer that has countless positive reviews.
The fact that it comes in cheapest isn’t a bad thing either!
How much does it cost to steam a bridesmaid dress?
It typically costs between $20-$50 to steam one bridesmaid dress. However, it can cost more (or less) depending on where you go and how many bridesmaid dresses are being steamed (you may be able to benefit from a group discount).
- What To Wear Under A Bridesmaid Dress – 3 Options To Consider
- Best Bra For Bridesmaid Dress [My Top 3 Picks & Why]
- Does The Bride Pay For Bridesmaid Dresses? [Or Other Expenses?]
- How Much Does It Cost To Hem A Bridesmaids Dress? [On Average]
Hey, I’m Allison – a recent bride, an expectant mother and the chief editor here at Everlasting Occasion. Here I document all the knowledge and experience I accumulated while researching and planning my dream wedding and ahead of our new baby. Here, I try to answer those many questions couples have when planning their dream wedding, while equally, helping expectant parents ahead of their new arrival!