Do you want to get some lashes for a wedding? Maybe you are the bride and it’s your own, perhaps you are a maid of honor, bridesmaid, or just a guest. Either way, you’ve come to the right place!
Needing a set for my own big day, I decided to research the market to find the best brands of lashes.
Besides, it’s a wedding – you need the best!
What is to follow is my recommendation for both US/UK brides; purely based on where the brands are based (they do both ships internationally, though, so you could actually order from either – if you are able and willing to wait!)
So before I delve into the exact lashes to get, here are my recommended suppliers:
Best Lashes For US Brides
Lilac St. offers a fantastic range of DIY eyelash extensions and false eyelashes. These premium-designed lashes are hand-made and cruelty-free.
Best Lashes For UK Brides
Prima is the largest independent lash brand with over 400 styles of lashes to choose from. They even offer a bridal bundle which offers a number of different choices depending on the look desired.
What Are The Best Lashes For Weddings?
Here are my top picks for the best lashes brands for weddings:
- Lilac St
Lilac St Deluxe Starter Kit
The Lilac St Deluxe Starter Kit comes with everything you are going to need for premium wedding lashes.
This bundle comes with a customized selection of lashes (that you get to choose), a glue of your choice, and a number of must-have accessories.
You can choose 3 different sets of lashes – giving you a total of 30 clusters in total.
It also comes neatly packaged and stored in a ‘mini suitcase’ which you can take with you to get ready.
And not sure which lash style will suit you? Well, Lilac St offers a quick and simple lash quiz to help you find the ones best for your eyes!
Why I Recommend The Lilac St Deluxe Starter Kit
- 11 different lash styles to choose from
- You get a range of additional accessories: Primer, Crystal Coat, Ciao for Now Lash Remover, Travel Case, and Applicator.
- Pro glue is available in both black and clear,
- Can be applied in under 10 minutes.
- You make a saving of 36% when buying as a bundle and not the items separately.
- Over 100 5* customer reviews.
The PrimaLash bridal bundle is another excellent selection; giving choice by offering a number of different lash options.
It comes with 10 pairs of eyelashes; which can give either a traditional or modern look depending on what is desired.
You do need to purchase lash glue and an applicator, but this brand does offer these too.
Why I Recommend The PrimaLash Bridal Bundle
- Eyelashes are reusable and typically last between 20-25 wears,
- Lashes are handmade using cruelty-free materials.
- While based in the UK, they do offer worldwide shipping.
Why Wear False Eyelashes To A Wedding
False eyelashes can be a simple, quick, and relatively cost-effective way to add shape and add drama to the eyes. And unlike mascara, they won’t run if you are to shed a few tears.
False eyelashes also photograph particularly well; accentuating the shape and color of your eyes.
Tips When Choosing False Lashes For A Wedding
- Select a style of lash that fits your eye shape,
- Consider that lashes can be cut or trimmed so they fit optimally,
- Consider wearing a small amount of waterproof mascara; which will not only enhance the look but support the attachment too,
- Consider the type of look you are after; something bold and dramatic, or subtle and minimalistic.
- Clear lash glue generally suits lighter makeup styles.
How Do You Apply False Lashes?
While both brands will offer application instructions, I thought I would quickly drop down below how to apply false lashes. That way, you can see how easy it is:
- Prep Your Natural Lashes – once you have completed your eyeshadow/eyeliner, curl your lashes and apply your mascara.
- Apply Glue to the Eyelash – With an applicator, hold the false lashes and dab a thin line of glue on the lash band. Let the lashes dry for around 30 seconds so the glue can become tacky and easier to apply. Be careful not to add to much glue.
- Adhere the Strip to Your Lash Line and Press It Into Place – put the lashes where your eyeliner is and press into the lash line.
- Apply Black Eyeliner and Mascara to Hide the Lash Strip – this will help to fill any gaps, and blend the false lashes into your real ones.
If you are looking for lashes for a wedding, you simply will not go wrong by ordering through Lilac St or PrimaLash.
These reputable, premium brands offer a range of lashes to suit every eye shape.
And they offer a number of different product bundles that are just perfect for wedding days.
With great pricing, fast shipping, excellent customer support, and cruelty-free philosophies; you can simply count on these brands.
And while you could order through either company (regardless of where you are based – they both ship internationally), consider shipping times/costs.
That’s why I recommend Lilac St for US-based customers and PrimaLash for UK-based customers.
But if you have a bit of time and the budget, you could always shop at either.
Should you wear fake lashes to a wedding?
Whether you wear fake lashes to a wedding ultimately comes down to preference and how you want your makeup to look. False lashes can add drama and dimension to an eye look and often photograph really well due to the fact that they are designed to enhance your eyes.
Which eyelash is best for the bride?
The best eyelashes for brides will typically complement the overall makeup look. Usually, bridal makeup tends to reflect a soft glam appearance. Therefore, opting for wispy or demi wispy lashes might be your best bet.
Hey, I’m Allison – a recent bride, an expectant mother and the chief editor here at Everlasting Occasion. Here I document all the knowledge and experience I accumulated while researching and planning my dream wedding and ahead of our new baby. Here, I try to answer those many questions couples have when planning their dream wedding, while equally, helping expectant parents ahead of their new arrival!